10 January 2022
Ionic is freely available, open-source, and is a front-end SDK framework that enables us to build mobile-based applications for iOS, Windows, and Android phones using the same codebase. It is a cross-platform tool for mobile development.
Features of Ionic
- Platform Independent Framework:- Ionic can work regardless of which platform we are using to provide the native look and feel. It works on mobile optimized web components so no need to change code. Ionic works with Angular to provide a robust structure, which in turn reduces costs.
- Cross-Platform Mobile Application Development:- There are different types of mobiles with different operating systems. If we are developing a mobile application, it should be compatible with different operating systems. Ionic has a single codebase that allows developers to build applications that work well for all mobile devices giving us a unified look and feel.
- Default User Interface:- It has default CSS and JS parts that allow us to build mobile applications. The default design covers most of the parts, but we can add new features to the predefined CSS classes as per our requirement.
- Used Cordova Plugins:- This framework supports many plugins for development. It provides a Cordova plugin that helps to access various components. These components allow us to add attractive features to applications. Ionic allows us to use these plugins to build a complete mobile application.
- Native Experience:- It allows us to get interactive mobile applications with native experience with the inclusion of the best components. It also provides us with the benefits of the open web.
- Powerful Extension:- We are allowed to use a variety of plugins that are supported by Ionic to meet the complex business requirement. These plugins have the ability to make mobile and web applications future ready. YouWecan embed as many user-friendly features as we can.
Why Use the Ionic Framework?
- Open-source and Freely Available:- It will give you the original look and feel while building cost-efficient applications. This framework is comparatively easy to learn and comes with multiple plugin support.
- One Codebase:- Developing native applications for both iOS and Android will take a lot of time.With this framework, we will get the flexibility to build cross-platform applications and high-end user interfaces and reusable components. This will save a lot of rewriting time.
- Easy Testing:- Ionic makes mobile application testing easy. This allows us to test it on browsers or through provocative testing for all OSes. It allows us to do remote debugging and testing apps on a real platform to achieve the actual function of the application.
How is the Ionic Framework different from Other Platforms?
- Improved Speed:- If we are developing a mobile application, it should be supported by all the latest devices and platforms. The ionic framework ensures high speed and compatibility for all latest devices. We can design apps that are highly optimized and robust.
- Interactive User-Interface:- User interface matters a lot to attract customers. But with this framework, developers are now able to build high-end interactive mobile applications with less effort. Ionic provides a number of predefined components that can be used and reused to increase interactivity across multiple parts. It provides CLI which enables us to build applications with the help of a single command with various plugins
- Great Ionic and Angular Combination:- The combination of Angular and Ionic provides a great platform for building mobile applications. Angular forms the basis for the ionic framework. Angular backend provides interaction with web services.