Zephyr- Test Case Management Tool
Zephyr- Test Case Management Tool
18 August 2020
Zephyr is a test case management solution, which helps you create and manage test cases It allows improving the quality of the products by preparing test cases and monitoring the testing process. It is available in the following editions:
- Zephyr Standalone
- Zephyr for Jira
Zephyr is the 1st selling testing platform. Around 5 million users across more than 100 countries depend on Zephyr’s feature-rich solutions every day. Zephyr provides test management capabilities to any JIRA project. The customizing Zephyr gadgets supply detailed testing metrics which can be executed immediately or can be included as a part of the testing cycle.
Features of Zephyr for JIRA
- Users can access JIRA as it is a Native to JIRA.
- Testing is incorporated into the project cycles and it permits you to track software quality and make empowered go/no-move decisions.
- Create, Plan, and Execute Tests
- Create, view, and modify test steps.
- Build test execution cycles.
- Execute the tests and link defects to specific tests.
- Track Quality of the test cases
- Zephyr provides a simple dashboard that consists of testing metrics on the testing activities throughout every project.
You need to be a JIRA Administrator for the installation of Zephyr for JIRA Cloud.
- First, login as the Administrator to your JIRA Cloud instance and select “Add-ons”
- In the “Find new add-ons” page, search for “Zephyr for JIRA”.
- Click on the “Free Trial” link on Zephyr listing
- Zephyr for JIRA Cloud add-on being installed and activated.
- Installation successful popup displays
- To confirm the whole thing is fine, make sure the “Tests” menu shows up in the pinnacle stage navigation bar.
How to use the Zephyr for JIRA test management tool?
- Create a Test
- Modify and View a Test
- Create a Test Cycle
- Add Tests to Test Cycles
- Assign Test Executions
- Execute the Tests
Create a Test:
To create a test case,
- Simply click on the ‘Create’ button in the top menu navigation.
- The ‘Create Issue’ module will display with the following fields:
- Issue Type
- Once the desired fields are crammed out, users can scroll to the bottom of the interface and create take a look at steps for the test case which incorporates the following facts for each test step:
- Test Step – Description of how to perform the actions.
- Test Data – Data used to perform the steps.
- Expected Result – The expected result after performing the actions provided in the steps.
Modify and View a Test:
- View each test case and modify any of the existing fields, simply click on ‘Test’ in the top menu navigation. After clicking ‘Test’, select the ‘Search Tests’ option in the menu.
- This displays the search option which provides the parameters for Zephyr’s ZQL to search all test cases. Click on the ‘Summary’ of the test case that you want to view and modify.
- Zephyr provides ZQL options to filter what test cases you want to.
- This navigates us to each test case view where we can view the fields for each case. From here, we are able to clearly click on any field available to us and edit/update the fields.
- After updating, press the ‘Enter’ button on the keyboard and it will autosave all the adjustments made to the test case.
Create Test Cycle:
- Click on the ‘Cycle Summary’ tab on the ‘Test Summary’ page to create Test Cycle.
- Users can add new testing cycles by clicking on the ‘+’ button at the top of the folder structure menu.
- ‘Create New Cycle’ module displays which permits you to complete test cycles. Click on the ‘Save’ button to create the test cycle.
- The following fields are:
- Version – Shows the list of variations that exist for this project.
- Name – Name of the test cycle (that is a required field).
- Description – A description given for the test cycle.
- Build – This is an informational field most effective for details of the build (if any).
- Environment – This is an informational field only for further detail on the environment (if any).
- From – The beginning date of the testing cycle.
- To – The end date of the testing cycle.
Add Tests to Test Cycles:
- To add test cases to test cycles, users ought to be on the ‘Cycle Summary’ tab and then click on their test cycle that they want to add tests to.
- Click at the ‘Add Tests’ button at the right-hand aspect of the interface (placed above the test execution desk for the test cycle).
- This will display the ‘Add Tests’ module below. The user can then use the drop-down list to look for all the test instances that need to be added to the cycle. You can also find the ID of the test case to add it to the list of test cases to be delivered.
- After selecting all the test cases that you want to be added to the test cycle, you must select a person in JIRA who you’re assigning the added test cases to.
- This may be modified at a later time when personally executing a test case.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button once you have finished selecting and assigning all your test cases.
Assign Test Executions:
- On the ‘Cycle Summary’ page, click on the ‘E’ button for each test case that you want to assign.
- This displays the test execution for that specific test and you could assign the test execution to a distinct person if need be. This can be done by using the ‘Assigned To’ drop-down listing and selecting a distinct user.
- After selecting a user, it’s going to autosave the test execution.
Execute the Tests:
- Users can execute test cases by using the drop-down list in the ‘Status’ column of the execution table in the test cycle. Users can also execute their test cases by clicking on the ‘E’ button for the individual test that needs to be executed.
- After clicking on the ‘E’ button, customers can execute the entire test cases by updating the execution process of the test case. This can be finished by using the ‘Execution Status’ drop-down list and selecting one the statuses listed. This will execute the test case.
- Select and update the status of the test case and this could execute the individual test case.