Dots and Boxes
- The main challenge in developing Dots and Boxes Roku application was to connect adjacent dots with a horizontal or vertical line and completing the four sides of a square (box).
- To design the game board having 8 x 7 grid size and handle the focus moving on the game board.
- To implement the functionality to differentiate the easy and hard game modes on the basis of checking best position to make a box.
- The score is to be calculated by the number of complete boxes by connecting adjacent dots.
- First, we designed the game board using different renderable nodes of scene graph and then we worked to handle the visibility focus on the game board.
- Implemented logic in BrightScript for the toughness of the game according to the game mode selected by the user.
- Implemented logic in BrightScript for checking the sides of the box and calculate the number of the complete box.