How to Update an Existing Roku Application?
There is a constant need for applications to be updated from time to time. In case you have made a few updates or changes to your Roku application or channel and you want to deploy these changes in your existing application on Roku Channel Store, you need to submit the application to Roku Channel Store for publishing. This documentation will let you know how to update these changes on the Roku Channel Store.
Here is a list of changes that you may need to resubmit:
- New assets (Channel Icons, Splash Screen Images or Static Images stored in channel package)
- Monetization changes
- Issue fixes
- Updated Roku SDKs changes or new features etc.
Once updates are ready and have been tested successfully, you need to create a package of Roku Application or channel these changes to resubmit the Roku Channel Store for publishing. Please follow the link below for packaging the Roku channel (https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Packaging+Roku+Channels) Once the packaging is completed, then follow the steps below to submit the updated Roku channel package on the Roku Channel Store.
- Log into your Roku Developer Account.
- Click on the profile icon to see the drop-down list. Select the Developers option.
- Click on Manage My Channels
Please find a few Roku applications, that we developed in recent times: