Magento Common Problems
- Most common one is you moved sites from your development machine to deployment server and it does not work. In order to fix it:
- First go to app/etc/local.xml and change the DB settings.
- Open table core_config_data and change values against web/unsecure/base_url and web/secure/base_url. If you are giving values like www.mymagentosite.com/ make sure you do not miss that /
- Remove contents of var folder as it is relevant to your dev instance and not the production instance.
- Change Admin password as you forgot what password you gave at the time of installation. Run this command and you can change it:
UPDATE admin_user SET password=CONCAT(MD5('qXbond123'), ':qX') WHERE username='admin'; // here bond123 is password and admin is the username
- You see this message and do not know where the error is “There has been an error processing your request” error.
- Go to errors folder and rename local.xml.sample to local.xml and now you would be able to see the errors.
- Every once in a while you come across this error “SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1030 Got error 28 from storage engine”.
- Most likely you are running out of disk space on this machine (shared hosting?). Clean up the unused files/DBs and you should be fine.
- The DB dump is way too big and you are sure what you can remove while moving the DB. Here are few tables that you should truncate right away:
- TRUNCATE `log_url`;
- TRUNCATE `log_url_info`;
- TRUNCATE `log_visitor`;
- TRUNCATE `log_visitor_info`;
- TRUNCATE `dataflow_batch_import`;
- TRUNCATE `dataflow_batch_export`;
- TRUNCATE `index_event`;
- TRUNCATE `report_event`;
- While installing the plugins you have given write permission to the complete folder and now you want to reset the permissions as they were earlier. There is this brilliant Magento clean up tool that you can use. Follow these steps:
- Download this PHP script from https://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/_media/groups/227/magento-cleanup2.zip
- Extract and move it to your mageno installation’s root folder as magento-cleanup.php
- Hit <Your Installation Path>/magento-cleanup.php from browser and it would reset the permissions right.
- There is this very annoying problem in the Magento on Chrome, 1) admin login does not work and 2) add to cart does not work. To fix both the problems, comment last 3 codes of the code block: