What is Dialogflow? What are the uses and Benefits of Dialogflow?
What is Dialogflow?
It is a human–computer interaction technology based on natural language owned by Google developers. The company is best for creating the Assistant, a virtual buddy for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone smartphones. The Google-powered product enables developers to create text-based and voice conversation interfaces for responding to customer concerns in different languages.
It is the most common conversational tool used to create functionality for Google Assistant devices.
Help users interact with technology
Some traditional computer interfaces require predictable and structured input to function appropriately, which makes the use of these interfaces unnatural and sometimes difficult. If users can’t understand this structured input, they have a hard time figuring out what to do. Ideally, the interfaces can infer what your users want, depend on the natural language they are using. For example, consider a simple user request like “What’s the temperature today?”. Interpreting and processing natural language requires a powerful language parser. Dialogflow provide a high quality conversational end-user experience.
- Dialogflow enterprise edition is offered through the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), which is intended toward “natural and rich” interactions between the business and their customers and experiences at a larger scale required for larger organizations.
- Can perform sentiment analysis for user queries.
Terms should know in the Dialogflow
- Agents: A Dialogflow agent is a virtual agent which handles conversations with your end-users. It is a natural language understanding module that understands the nuances of human language.
- Intents: An intent categorizes an end-user’s intention for one conversation turn. For each agent, you can define many intents, where your combined intents can handle a complete conversation. When an end-user says something, referred to as an end-user expression, Dialogflow intents matches the end-user expression to the best intent in your agent. Intent matching is also known as intent classification.
A basic intent contains the following:
- Training phrases
- Entities: Every intent parameter has a type, called the entity type, which dictates exactly how data from an end-user expression is extracted.
- Contexts: Dialogflow contexts are similar to natural language context.Using contexts, you can control the flow of a conversation. You can configure contexts for an intent by setting input and output contexts, which are identified by string names. When an intent is matched, any configured output contexts for that intent become active. While any contexts are active, Dialogflow is more likely to match intents that are configured with input contexts that correspond to the currently active contexts.
- Follow-up intents: You can use follow-up intents to automatically set contexts for pairs of intents. A follow-up intent is a child of its associated parent intent. When you create a follow-up intent, an output context is automatically added to the parent intent and an input context of the same name is added to the follow-up intent. A follow-up intent is only matched when the parent intent is matched in the previous conversational turn.
- Dialogflow Console: Dialogflow provides a web user interface called Dialogflow Console. It used to manage Dialog Flow agents, while the GCP Console is used to manage GCP-specific Dialog Flow settings and other GCP resources.
Uses for Dialogflow
Dialogflow can be used for a variety of applications, including:
- Customer service artificial intelligence (AI) agents- Interfaces can be programmed to answer questions, access orders, make appointments and take requests.
- Internet of things (IoT)- Dialogflow can be applied to IoT devices to make them better at understanding context and responding with precision.
Benefits of Dialogflow
A few benefits of using Dialogflow are:
- Is user-friendly with an integrated code editor and serverless application structure.
- Offers the integrations in over 20 different languages, with differentiation in the types of services offered for each.
- It is scalable in nature.
- Software development kits (SDK) are offered for multiple different devices like cars, mobile devices, speakers,wearables, and other smart devices.
- Contains Google features like machine learning and speech-to-text translation.
- Multiple AI assistants, including Google Assistant, Alexa Cortana and Facebook Messenger actions can be built.