Deep Dive into the Latest Syncfusion Dashboard Platform
Deep Dive into the Latest Syncfusion Dashboard Platform
Overview of Syncfusion Dashboard Platform
The Syncfusion Dashboard Platform is the best tool for creating an interactive business dashboard and which can be managed and shared very easily.
With the help of Syncfusion Dashboard Platform, we can transform the data into visualization in minutes and make better business decisions quickly.
Creating the new dashboard on Synfusion Dashboard platform is very simple. We have to prepare for the data that we need to show on the dashboard before creating the dashboard. The purpose of creating the dashboard should be clear and very effective so that the viewer can take a quick decision by looking at the dashboard statistics. The designer can be connected to various data sources that are mentioned above. Once the data is prepared, we can compose the dashboard using Syncfusion dashboard designer. In the designer, we can simply drag and drop the widgets on the dashboard.
The designer provides a wide variety of widgets for data visualization. The most important option called filters on the widgets is also provided by the designer where we can filter the existing data. Custom widgets are also supported in the designer where we can create our own widgets according to our requirement.
Syncfusion Dashboard Platform has two essential components primarily for dashboard design and dashboard sharing.
Key Features of the Syncfusion Dashboard Platform
- Wide variety of data sources: Connects file-based data sources such as Microsoft Excel, CSV, JSON or server-based data sources such as SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Azure Analysis Services, PostgreSQL, SQLite, ODBC Connection (MySQL, Oracle and Access), Microsoft Azure Table Storage, Salesforce, Hive and Spark SQL, or RESTful web services through the Web Data Source.
- Common ODBC (ANSI SQL): connects through its ODBC drivers to a wide range of databases inheriting the ANSI SQL 92 standard.
- Built-in Simple ETL: In a structured database, you can combine multiple tables or an excellent workbook to generate a denormalized virtual data table that is suitable for viewing as dashboards.
- Tabbed view of dashboards: Showcases multiple dashboards across the tabbed view in one page.
- Scrollable canvas with half-sized widgets: Add widgets with different sizes to accommodate more widgets in a scrollable view beyond the last row.
- Seamless integration with the Dashboard Server: within the designer application, you can create, publish and import dashboards, data sources and widgets to the Dashboard Server.
- Domain impersonation of SQL Server: User accounts imported from Active Directory to Dashboard Server will be impersonated as Dashboard Server users to communicate with SQL Server instance in Windows authentication mode.
- Dynamic Parameters: Add the parameters for custom queries or stored procedures and dynamically change the parameter values in the Dashboard Viewer. Parameters can also be used in expressions and can be used mapped for user-based filters.
- User-based filtering: shows different user permissions based data.
- Dedicated filter panel: allows you to save visualization space and display filter elements in a dedicated shelf that can collapse. Allows you to save visualization space and display filter elements in a dedicated shelf that can collapse. Wide range of filter elements like combo box, date picker, range slider, list box, checkbox, and radio button can be used here.
- Integration with Syncfusion Data Integration Platform: Using the Dashboard Designer server explorer creates a dashboard data source from data flows of the Data Integration Platform.
- Localization: Localizes the Dashboard Designer’s user interface to any language which is needed.
- Custom branding: The dashboard designer has built-in customization capabilities enabling you to add your organization’s name, logo, and more.
Highlights of Syncfusion Dashboard Platform
- Drill Down: This is a very interesting feature provided by Syncfuison with the help of which we can have an in-depth examination or analysis of data. There is an option provided in the widget to enable drill down at many levels.
- Type-based aggregating value columns: Each widget – configured value column can be aggregated individually based on the type you define.
- Configure Data Filters: Data Filters can be configured to restrict records visibility based on defined criteria. Configuration can be done by adding and removing a filter condition.
- Configure Expression Columns: An expression column is used to create an expression which is a combination of data columns, operators and built-in functions. This column of expression will act as a calculated measure that can be configured as a quantitative measure to widget like other normal numeric columns.
- Configure Widget Filters: The filter for measure column can be configured
- Formatting Columns: Column formatting such as rename column type conversion
- Joining Tables: When you use more than one table in your data source design, you need to join tables. The join icon (highlighted below) in the tools pane at data design view will be in the disabled state, if there was only one table found dropped in table design view like below:
- Sorting: You can customize the sorting behavior of dimension as well as to measure fields in each widget. You can order them based on alphabet or value, source of data (default) or field.
Overview of Syncfusion Dashboard Server
The Syncfusion Dashboard Server enables you to efficiently organize and share dashboards through a web interface.
Key Features of Syncfusion Dashboard Server
- Dashboard management: Dashboards are organized efficiently under the categories. Specific users or groups may be given permission to view the Dashboards.
- Designer integration: Design and publish Dashboards seamlessly from within the Syncfusion Dashboard Designer application.
- Versioning: All items stored on the Dashboard server are versioned, so it is possible to return to an older version.
- User management: Users can be easily organized into groups which helps to accurately map the structure of small and large organizations.
- Scheduling: Dashboards can be exported to an image file and emailed as scheduled.
- Flexible permissions: A flexible permission scheme controls access to dashboards to read, write, delete, and download.
- View Dashboards: The built-in HTML 5 Dashboard Viewer control allows the user to view Dashboards from within the browser.
- Export: Dashboards can be exported to formats of image files.
- Custom branding: The Dashboard server has built-in customization capabilities like enabling you to add your organization’s name, logo, welcome note, etc.
Overview of Syncfusion Dashboard Designer
The powerful dashboard designer application that lets you compose dashboards quickly and connects you to the data and visualizes them as dashboards by using the wide variety of widgets in different forms.
The dashboard designer with a preview engine is called a dashboard viewer; it is used without publishing to a server to quickly test authored dashboards.
The composed dashboard for sharing within the designer application itself can be published or updated to the dashboard server.
The different sets of dashboards are designed and published in the demo server website for dashboard platform users to demonstrate various features in the Syncfusion Dashboard Platform.
You can view the dashboards from the following link: https://dashboardserver.syncfusion.com/