- Provide support for various types of authentication methods.
- Easy internal sharing of private modules.
- Better control of development and deployment workflow.
- Better code discovery and sharing within customer’s organization.
- npmE consists of Docker, Replicated, the npmE appliance, and the npmE installer bin.
- Docker is used to run Replicated and the npmE appliance.
- Replicated is npmE’s orchestration software and admin console. It consists of its own Docker images/containers and integration with the underlying operating system.
- The npmE bin is a CLI app distributed as a public npm package.
- npmE is written in Node.js.
- In order to use it, you must have node and npm installed on your host.
- npm Enterprise helps large teams share, discover, and re-use code — behind the corporate firewall — so they can build amazing things.
- npm Enterprise is the same codebase that powers the public registry.
- It works with the same standard npm client you already use, but provides the features needed by larger organizations who are now enthusiastically adopting Node.js.
- You can sign-up for npmE’s free trial from here.