Process of Using Crashlytics
Why Crash Reporting is Important
When your app crashes on production environment on a user’s device, you need to know. The reason behind the crash is simple – something happened that you did not expect. Mistakenly you used an API that was not supported for your release. When this happens, again and again, your users start to lose faith and interest in your application and then the bad reviews start rolling in.
What is Fabric.io:
Fabric is nothing but the platform that initiates help for your mobile team to build a better application, and understands users, and increase the business.
Fabric.io: When the user clicks on the Login button on Crashlytics then user redirects to URL “https://fabric.io/login”.
When the users’ login to the Fabric.io they are redirected to the Dashboard of the Fabric.
There are two types of App available on the Dashboard i.e for an Android app and an iOS app.
Steps to find Fabric.io URL.
- Select the platform where we get the crash i.e Android and iOS.
- Select the Crashlytic option from the Dashboard menu.
- You will redirect to Crashlytics screen where all crash related to the app are present.
- Select the Build version where you get the crash.
- Click on the crash which we get on the build.
- You will redirect to the issue details screen of the Crashlytics.
- Where all information of the crash is present i.e on which mobile we will get, in which mode our application was i.e Portrait or Landscape, Operating system of the device.
- Click on View all Session button present on the screen.
- You will get all the detailed information about the crash.
Why Crashlytic is important:
- It saves the time of digging into the source code and directly points the cause of the crash.
- It prioritizes the time spent on the fixes of bugs.