- The main challenge in Skiing Free Roku was to implement the logic for rolling down the ball as far as possible to achieve the highest score.
- In order to roll down the ball on the endless slope, we had to implement the rolling animation on the ball.
- The score of the object needed to be calculated by the two prime conditions i.e. distance traveled by the ball in the downward direction and the near-misses of the ball with trees.
- Initially, we designed the game board with trees and ball using the scene graph’s different renderable nodes.
- We used different scene graph animation nodes to implement the smooth and rolling animation of the ball.
- Implemented logic in BrightScript for calculating the score of user based on the distance travelled towards the downward slope and the near-misses with trees.
- Completed the smooth and rolling animation for making a high score for the max traveled ball which has maximum tree-misses.
- Skiing lovers finally found their favorite game at the Roku Channel Store.
- Ready to play the game, here you go – https://channelstore.roku.com/details/219516/skiing-free