- The main challenge was to slide numbered tiles on a grid and combine them to create a tile with the number 2048.
- To design the 4×4 grid game board and handle the left, right, up and down arrow click control.
- To set a different animation for new tile whenever two tiles combine and make a new tile.
- The score had to be calculated by the increment value of new tile whenever two tiles combine.
- Initially we designed the 4×4 grid size game board using the scene graph’s different renderable nodes.
- We used different scene graph animation and scale nodes to implement the animation of new tile and handle the left, right, up and down arrow click control.
- Implemented logic in brightscript for two tiles of the same number collide while moving, they will merge into a tile with the total value of the two tiles that collided.
- Implemented logic in BrightScript for calculating the increment value of new tile whenever two tiles combine.
- Successfully designed the 4×4 grid size game board and handle the left, right, up and down arrow, click control of moving and merging the tiles.
- 2048 game lovers finally found their most popular game at the Roku Channel Store.
- Ready to take a challenge – https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/116714/2048-free